Translate

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Butt Hurt

Why is it when something is questioned; when someone's actions are questioned they suddenly feel the need to bring into question your religious affiliation?  Seriously?  Why can't I just wonder whether or not your request for everything under the sun is a valid need or just another scam without having my religious views brought into question?

Okay, so here's the the request made my a member of an online yard sale group that is geared towards selling furniture only.

ISO clothing & furniture & food for extremely needy family (lost father to gastric cancer February 16, 2013)

girl #1 4 yrs old - sz 12 shoe/boots & 5t clothing / needs heavy gloves & snow pants

girl #2 3 years old-sz 10 shoe/boots & 4t clothing / needs coat / heavy gloves & snow pants

boy 18 moths old - sz 8 toddler shoe/boots & 3t or 4t clothing / needs coat / heavy gloves & snow pants

boy 22yrs old (developmentally handicapped) - sz 12 shoe / men's sz xl shorts 36 or 38x32 jeans or slacks / xl shirts & sweatshirts / needs coat / heavy gloves & hat / scarf

Ladies clothing pants size 16 / tops size medium or large / shoe size 8.5 / needs heavy, long coat / heavy gloves & hat / scarf

Two twin beds and "girls themed" linens & curtains 2 medium windows

two smaller dressers

nightstands

lamps

Toy box for boy / girl

One crib and mattress boy themed linens / small dresser

bedroom furniture for mother

larger bed for mother (baby sleeps with her)

Full or queen linens

bedroom curtain set

Living room furniture

Living room lamps

Living room curtains 2 medium windows

Dining room curtains 2 medium windows

Microwave - (PROMISED BUT NOT RECIEVED YET)

UNBREAKABLE DISHES FOR CHILDREN

Glasses & plastic kid friendly cups

Cookware / Cooking utensils

Towels / hand towels / wash clothes

Baby wash & Baby Shampoo (unopened please)

DESITIN (unopened and in date)

DIAPERS - SIZE 5
DIAPERS - SIZE 5 - IN DESPERATE NEED!!!!!
DIAPERS - SIZE 5

any toiletries ie.... q-tips, maxi pads, toothpaste, razors, dental floss, unopened toothbrushes, toilet paper, DOVE soap (unscented girls have VERY sensitive skin & allergies) bathroom cleaner, toothbrushes for children and adults, mouthwash, gummie vitamins for children, combs & brushes, tissues

children's Tylenol (unopened and in date)

liquid Benadryl (unopened and in date)

wash clothes, hand towels, body towels,

Larger style play yard

Toddler safe toys for a boy

Girls toys

Educational DVDS to learn English for children

Adults Spanish to English Dictionary (I have looked everywhere!!)

Mother needs to find "free" or "donated" driving classes to get her license!



And here is a copy/past of the reply minus my original response - because apparently questioning the validity of such a request is frowned upon by the admin of the group.  Unfortunately I am unable to expand the "see more" links as they are no longer on the site either so I do apologize for that, but I'll give you the gist of the conversation in a sec.  



  • Where can I bring items to?
  •  WOW! I find your statement to be offensive and very un-Christian like.... This woman lost her husband to CANCER... His older, GREEDY, UN-CHRISTIAN LIKE sons took everything from her illegally.... She has been trying to survive until the COU...See More

  • J     So I chose to question the validity of such an enormous request for donations and you respond with questioning my religion? Typical Given there are far too many people trolling online yard sale sites requesting donations then turning around and selli...See More

  •  WOW! SAD 

  •  and.... I am NO TROLL!!!!!!!!!

  • Maybe the request for items for needy families should be presented to the admin first so the request can be verified. Maybe that should be a rule on the site? It IS a long list.....

Although I cannot remember exactly, word for word, what I wrote the first time it equates to this:  Does anyone else think this list is over the top?  I mean, I get trying to help someone out but this is more like a list of things a family would need if they lost their house in a fire; or if they were a family of illegal immigrants who came here with nothing but the clothes on their back.  And what does this list have to do with cancer?  I know plenty of people who have struggled through or have lost someone with cancer and not one of them had such a long list of needs.  Sorry, but this just screams scam to me.  

The original poster responded with her "WOW" comment.  Basically she went on to continue bashing my un-christian like comments and made it known she did not want donations from greedy self absorbed individuals such as myself.  

I replied again, as you can see above.  The part of my post you don't see is where I went on to explain that people troll online yard sale site asking for donations then are caught selling these donated items on other pages.  I also said I would not apologize for my views, religious or not, just because she got her feeling hurt.  Then I asked if we could please get back to the reason this particular site existed?  Selling furniture.  

You can see the original posters next two replies above.  


Thankfully I copied the post when I did because after admin deleted my original response I went back to see if I could find it and discovered the entire post had been deleted.  Guess admin decided to grant my request of going back to furniture sales.  Thank you admin.  


So I go back to my original question:  Why is someone's religious views always brought into an argument when clearly there was no need for such an offensive?

I did not bash the original poster.  I did not call her names.  I did not degrade her in any way yet she felt compelled to pull religion into the picture and then proceed to bash me based on her religious views.  Why?

It stands to reason if a person is so true to their religion they would not need to "use" it as a crutch against the actions or opinions of others.  If one were truly so steadfast in their religious beliefs then there should be no need to defend it with such animosity.

Just for the record I am not religious.  I am not Christian nor will I ever be.  I feel zero need for such dependency on a religion when faith has done right by me for so many years.  I believe in faith.  Not religion.

Faith is what keeps me moral and honest.  Faith, there is something bigger and better than all of us is what grounded me and keeps me believing there will be a time when good will prevail.  I have no need for religion.  No need to "pray" to a fictional figure-head.  No need for a book filled with such horrors as killing, war, dishonesty, mass murder, chaos, lying, cheating, stealing, and countless mis-leading "truths" to guide me toward the path of all that is right.

Knowing I am firm in my faith I felt nothing negative about the original posters gabs at my "un-christian" like comments.  Clearly she is still shaken in her belief in her religious views for she is the one who needed to go on the attack using religion as her guide.

And her I sit giggling.  For the rest of the day I can be happy knowing my faith has trumped her religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment