Translate

Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Heart of the Matter

Valentines Day is fast approaching AGAIN.  Why does it seem the older you get the less time you have?

Anyhow, with that in mind, and knowing how much I really want to get my life back to some kind of reasonable and recognizable order I have decided to start making Valentines Day crafts early.

Namely, the girls are going to start making cards to hand out to all their classmates.  It is my sincere hope this year is unlike those in the recent past where I am scrambling around like some lab mouse caught in a maze trying to figure out where I'm supposed to go and what I am supposed to be doing.  No, this year is my year to reclaim my OCD.  It has been missed and I so terribly want it back.

Starting this week I will be gathering materials and supplies necessary to create some super cute Valentines Day cards and crafts.  The girls and I will begin assembly of said crafts and cards by the beginning of February.  IF I am lucky, and stay focused and determined, then I might actually pull off my first planned craft for the year.

My first choice of valentines crafts for the girls to make was these little cuties.

Valentine Day Rings


How cute are those?  Red pipe cleaners wrapped around a Hershey's Kiss.  So simple.  Only one issue......the guys in the classes may not exactly want to be sporting a Kiss Ring.  So I searched for a suitable alternative and found these......

Valentine Day Fortune Cookies


Now we HAVE to make these!!!  Red and pink and white ones using felt circles and a pipe cleaner glued across the center of the circle.  Insert a cute Valentines Fortune and fold.  Super easy and super cute.  These are sure to be the hit of the parties !!!

And to ensure the teachers and parent helpers aren't left out I found these to make.......

Hugs and Kisses


A simply decorated jar filled with hugs and kisses.  Attach a note that says "For when you need a hug or a kiss".  So sweet.

Now if only I could get our financial situation under control we would have no problem making these this weekend.  Unfortunately things always get turned upside down just when you think you are about to make headway.

So in order to get a grip on more financial chaos I'm off to put together our annual budget and start filing taxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment