Translate

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Going Strong......kind of

We all experience hiccups along the path to achieving our goals .  One such hiccup occurred weeks ago, no, months ago for us.  Inadvertently, we imported some bugs from the in-laws house while trying to help them get rid of stuff.  Shortly after we started transporting items here I noticed some activity so I called out our beloved pest control services and we have been doing round after round of treatments ever since.  So far nothing seems to have worked in eradicating these tiny pest from our residence.

The New Year was rang in with these un-invited and very unwanted guests as part of our household.  Then came January 5, 2014.  The day I issued them a final eviction notice.  John, the girls, and I all abandoned ship for a few hours while chemical warfare took hold of our kitchen and bar.

We are now three days into the final eviction process and so far - no activity.  Where are these little pests hiding out at?  I would have thought to have seen at least one or two caught on the sticky boards by now.  Other than some debris accumulated over the years the cabinets and drawers haven't revealed much in the way of bug parts.  So where are they?

Anyway, having to completely gut your kitchen gives one a really good reason to downsize the stuff hiding on shelves hardly seen and rarely used.  Since the bug bomb has done little to ease my sense of having a bug free zone I am taken all precautions in ensuring every item that finds residence on a shelf or inside a cabinet or drawer is thoroughly cleaned beforehand.  It also gives me an excellent excuse ( or reason) to create a very detailed deep-cleaning list of things to do for the kitchen.

This year, now that the one time mass cleaning is almost done, I am planning on breaking the job down into workable portions to be done monthly.  That way I don't have to gut the entire kitchen all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment