Translate

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Dread Be Gone

Day nine of my January Resolution and strangely I found myself not dreading the idea of having to clean the kitchen before crawling up the stairs and seeking the warmth of my bed.  I must admit, its been rather nice to wake up and be greeted with a kitchen that no longer resembles the collection center at the local dump.  As a matter of fact for the past two days the girls have been enjoying the use of the counter seats again.  Breakfast and homework are rather enjoyable in the morning thanks to a clean counter.

There is still plenty of stuff to go back into the cabinets and drawers but everyday is met with a little more progress and another step in the right direction of achieving my goal.  I'm actually looking forward to developing this new trend into a full fledged habit.

Although we are not quite half way through the month I am already considering options for my February Resolution.  Shall I focus on laundry, clean bathrooms, weekly vacuuming, or finally getting a grip on all this paper mess in my office?  All these are tempting choices so I am thankful I have at least another two weeks to narrow my decision.

For now its off to that warm and comfortable bed I mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment