Translate

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Today we are.......

.......cleaning house.  YIPPEE.  NOT.

Yep, the house is a disaster.  Again.  Two young, full of energy, ready to go girls can make short work of making a mess.  Gotta love em though.  At least they don't puke all over the carpet like the cat; or take a dump on the bathroom floor like the dog.  Bonus for that I suppose.

But thanks to whatever is going on with Oscar we are now faced with taking him to the vet because this, being day three of piles of poop on my floors, included blood.  Not good.  Three days of super soft stools and now blood.  What the heck?

At least I think we FINALLY figured out how to keep the cat from up-chucking all over the place.  Seems she likes to devour her food without chewing so when it sits on her stomach she can't handle it.  I started putting soft food in her morning meal and she is now forced to slow down and chew it.  That and I read somewhere that if you give a cat cold food it shocks their system.  So now I wait a couple of minutes before giving her the bowl.  Day five and so far so good.  The only incident we had was when John fed her solid food w/o the soft stuff.  She devoured it then left him, or me since I'm usually the one cleaning it up, a nice big pile of regurgitated cat food.

Okay.  I'm officially sick to my stomach now.

Anyhow; with all this mess going on here lately the house is really starting to smell musty and gross.  So after the girls wake and we've had some breakfast its time to pull out the heavy duty cleaning supplies and scrub the bathrooms, floors, and clean every inch of this place.  The only thing I'd like to do more than clean the stick from the house is clean the clutter from the house.

SO MUCH STUFF.  I hate clutter and it really does make things a lot messier.  Often times I imagine how much easier it would be if we were a minimalist kind of family.  Well, today I may get a headstart on that with the girls playroom.  Since joining these local FB online yard sales I've discovered there's money to be made from our old stuff.  And the girls have lots of old stuff.  I'm hopeful I can make it through the piles of toys and play things in their playroom and go through everything in there to decide if we should keep or sell.  Then pics galore and mounds of money here we come.

Speaking of money - here's hoping Iraq finally comes through for us.  I've never been one to slather well wishes on such a horrific third world country, but considering our financial troubles could disappear as soon as Monday, I'm throwing all my well wishing power their way.  We REALLY need them to come through for us.  Especially now that John is looking at being let go from work.

Keep your fingers crossed and if it happens I'll be sure to update you all on why this event is such an important thing to happen.  For now, lets just say hubs is way smarter than anyone ever gives him credit for.


No comments:

Post a Comment