Translate

Monday, July 1, 2013

The Grocery Game

Well, after years of trying to figure out how to save bookoos money on groceries on my own I've finally caved in and got a membership with thegrocerygame.com.  And considering I just spent less than 1 hour finding deals I would have missed out on other wise I'd have to say I think the 4wk free trial will be worth every penny saved.  As a matter of fact, today I stand to save $99.84 buying on those things we really need, using coupons I already have.  How's that for smart?

Of course I have coupons on hand that I'll use on top of the deals I found online, so that'll change how much I actually save but it should be interesting to see what kind of total savings I walk away with.

I'll update later after I get back and unload the car.  Happy shopping everyone.

OH YEAH...before I forget....want to earn $5?  Click on this link http://www.TheGroceryGame.com/ref/28-vbkw/   and sign up for the 4wk trial.

Trust me.  It's worth it.  If you decide to keep it then when you sign up for membership you and I will both earn $5.  And if you don't want to keep it just cancel before the 28th day of the trial.  How's that for saving and making money?

Enjoy.

UPDATE:

Some things are really nice about thegrocerygame.com.  Some are not so nice.  For instance, she is missing one major grocery chain - Safeway, Walmart, and Target for my area.  Why?  Not sure.  And when I took her list to the local Giant I found two of the items listed at other stores on sale were still more expensive than the ones at Giant at regular price.  Also, one of the meat sales wasn't even in the Giant store - that particular brand, the manager told me, was located in their New England locations - not here in VA.  So what gives?

I'll be doing some calculations tomorrow to see if the program is worth the monthly fee.  After all, I'm looking to cut corners on everything possible and while it may be a hassle to do the leg work to find the best deals, it may boil down to a $5 savings or breaking even.   Will let you know tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment