Translate

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Better than 50% chance.

That's what both NOAA and The Weather Channel give us for rain today.  Possibly even thunderstorms.  Wonderful - the girls freak out when thunder breaks - screaming like banshees running for the hills.  Yep.  Looking forward to that later.

In the mean time I needed to figure out a plan for today since Thursdays are our shopping / library days and I am trying to include something on our 101 Fun List as well.  What I came up with was a list of things that can be done at home with minimal supplies.  But if given a choice the girls will surely disagree on which of the things to do, so mommy came up with a pretty decent solution.  Instead of showing them the list and hoping they pick the same thing I've put each item on a slip of paper and folded it.  This morning both girls will pick one slip (sight unseen) and that is what we will do today.  Two fun projects in one day !!!

Since becoming re-organized I've even managed to re-do my coupon clippings.  A new, and much larger coupon book allows me to organize my coupons in a much more convenient way so I no longer have to thumb through 30 coupons to find one.  Sometimes I wonder if clipping coupons is worth the time but given the amount of money saved verses the amount of time spent - I'd had to say its an investment well worth every second.  I only wish I could get back to shopping like I used to when we lived in GA.  With four major grocery chains within a 10 mile radius to our home it was super easy to hit all the sales at each store and pack on the savings with a corresponding coupon.  Since living in VA I've had to re-adjust my shopping and at one point I stopped couponing all together.  But things are expensive so the scissors had to be dug out and the local newspaper ordered.  Now that I have somewhat of a system going again I need to try introducing more stores.  It may be a longer distance to drive between stores but if I can get the coupons to match sales prices then it could prove to be worth it.  The biggest downside - dragging the girls with me every Thursday to hit all the sales.  They seriously hate shopping (odd for females don't ya think?).

Coupons are clipped.  Shopping list made.  Samantha picked "Leaf Rubbing" for her project and we are awaiting Jessa's pick (always better not to wake a sleeping bear), but as soon as she rustles herself from her slumber we'll get moving.  Until then I can eliminate at one load of laundry - possibly two.

UPDATE:  Jessa picked Bake Cookies for her project today.  Sounds like we're going to have an awesome day.  On our way to the big BJ's in Fairfax - just to see what we're missing at our smaller location.

No comments:

Post a Comment