Translate

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

First Official Non-School Day

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen.  The last day of school has been and gone.  ITS SUMMER TIME.  Whoo-hoo.

That said.......

This year is going to be WAY different.  I used to be strong and independent.  Had no fear in going anywhere and doing whatever I wanted (within reason that is), but as time passed I got older.  Marriage settled me down a lot.  But then came along two beauthiful girls who filled my world daily and before I knew it I was afraid to go to the grocery store by myself.  How pathetic was I?  And who the hell did I become?

Growing up I always wanted a family to love and I finally got it but the past four years have been super rough on this family and most of that is my fault.  So this year; this summer I have vowed things will be different.  Sometime, not to long ago, I reached down and pulled up my big girl panties and found the strong, independent woman I once was.  This summer I am planning on ditching the scardy cat and becoming the adventurous mom my girls can look up to.

So, to begin with, Friday, yes, this Friday, we are taking the girls on their first ever camping trip.  I am super excited and just as stressed, but so happy.  There is camping gear everywhere and things are a mess in the house right now but in two days I will be soaking up some sun and fun with the love of my life and our two offspring.

Don't worry, intros to our family members will come soon, just not today.  Nope.  Today is Day 1 of Summer 2013.  And I have plans.  First, now that I have put myself a daily schedule back together I need to get on track with that.  Beginning with coffee.  So......be right back.

No comments:

Post a Comment